WORD DOCUMENT REPAIR
Repair Corrupted Microsoft Word File
Microsoft Office Word is user friendly and advanced word processing program. The MS Word program is widely used by creative writers, software developers, business professionals, students and others to create structured text documents. However, like any other Window data files, MS Word files may also become corrupt due to several factors like crash of Window server, errors in disk partition, corrupt portable media and unreliable internet connection. The corruption of Word documents make entire data stored in these files inaccessible to the users. Therefore, one should use a third party recovery tool that can flawlessly repair Word document. One such tool is MS Word document repair software. You can opt for this utility as it will allow you to safely repair the corrupted Word files.
Error message display by corrupt Word file:
- "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document."
- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges."
- "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available".
- "name.doc file cannot be opened".
- "Word cannot open the existing [square] in Template file".
Some of the data loss scenarios of repair corrupted Word file:
- File format cycling: This is the most common reason for Word document corruption. It happens when a document is converted from one format to another on a continuous basis. For example- changing Word to Rtf to Word format or changing from Word to Excel and back to Word format. This changing process of file format is known as file format cycling. Due to this reason your Word document gets corrupted.
- Transferring Word file from one source to another: Be careful while transferring Microsoft Word file from one storage device to another. Suppose if you are transferring Word file from your system to CD or to the flash drive then make sure that data is getting transferred without facing any obstacles. Improper installation of flash drive, scratches in CD or system error can restrict the file transferring process and can damage your Word files because of incomplete execution of transferring process.
- Macro Virus attack: If the Microsoft Word document gets infected by a micro virus then there is no chance that your file will not get damaged or corrupted. Generally, micro viruses are not harmful but some of them can corrupt your Word files severely. A macro virus acts like a conventional computer virus and takes advantage of Word’s structure and functionality in order to replicate and trigger when certain events occur.
Hence, these are the three major scenarios under which your Word file gets corrupted. Besides these scenarios there are many other scenarios which are responsible for Microsoft Word document corruption. Some of them are as follows:
- Invalid form of digital signature.
- Virus in application itself which restrict content storage in the document.
- Severe header corruption.
- Abnormal way of system shut down can affect the word file if it is in active mode.
Therefore, under all these scenarios your Word document gets corrupted. But you can always protect is from getting corrupted by taking some precautionary measures. Some of the important precautionary measures are stated below:
- You should never close your Word document abruptly as it may corrupt your particular Word file. If you want to close the MS Word application then you should click on ‘close’ option which is located at the file menu.
- Always close the network connection if you are not using the file. It has been observed that the failure of network connection can corrupt the Word file.
- It is essential that you should keep your system virus free by scanning it on a regular basis with the help of trust-worthy anti-virus program.
- Do not change the file format unnecessarily over and over again as it is likely to damage your MS Word file severely.
Features of MS Word document repair software:
Microsoft Office Word document fixing application for repairing corrupted Word files. It easily fixes all the issues related to Microsoft Word file corruption and helps you to fix MS Word 2007 damaged document.
It has easy-to-use interface which makes this tool user-friendly. It has the ability to fix .doc document and .docx document.
This application supports MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. Therefore, this is the best utility that helps you to perform MS Office 2007 corrupted Word document repair with utmost ease. It also repair MS Word document that will not open. It is compatible with all the versions of MS Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. By making use of this tool you can even repair error while opening file. This tool scans first scans the corrupted file to fix it. So, if your word displays error message while opening then repair it using this tool in couple of mouse clicks. Visit this link for more info www.worddocumentrepair.net/error-while-opening-file
Steps to repair a corrupted Word document are as follows:
Steps 1: Download and install free demo version of corrupted Word document repair software. Launch the software, as soon as software starts running, the main window will pop-up. Click on “BROWSE” button to upload your .doc / .docx file from its location where it has been stored. As soon as you click on browse, your file gets uploaded automatically. Then click on “REPAIR” to start repair process.
Step 2: Once your file gets repaired, you can preview your repaired file in separate window and click on “BROWSE” in order to save your repaired file to a specified location.